Weed gets a lot of hype from all angles. Some people think its’ some sort of devil plant sent here to plague humanity. Others see it as a miracle plant capable of curing every ailment and fixing every problem. Regardless where you stand on the question, there are definitely a lot of good reasons to smoke weed. Here are 24 of the best reasons why you should be smoking more weed.
Headaches are one of the most commonly experienced health problems.
And when you have a bad one it can seriously derail your day. The best way to treat headaches is to avoid getting them altogether.
Fortunately, that’s exactly what smoking weed does.
This one may seem counterintuitive, since getting high actually makes you want to eat tons and tons of food.
But as it turns out, smoking weed may help you manage your body weight.
Last year, researchers reported that people who regularly use marijuana have lower body mass indexes (BMI) than people who don’t.
In the study, women who smoked every day had average BMIs 3.1% lower than women who didn’t smoke.
When you smoke weed it opens up your blood vessels. And when that happens, blood starts pumping through body more freely.
The end result of this process is lower blood pressure.
Lowering your blood pressure carries a bunch of important health benefits.
Among others, it can help you avoid developing heart problems, reduce your risk of having a stroke, improve your vision, and boost your overall kidney health.
Listening to music while stoned is one of the purest pleasures of smoking weed.
Whether you’re toking at a live concert or passing a J while pumping tunes in your living room, your entire experience of listening to music is elevated.
A lot of it has to do with the way that cannabis heightens your sense perception.
It also has to do with the kind of mindset a good high puts you in.
One of the things they noticed was that it stimulated the animals’ sense of smell.
Smell is a powerful sensation. For starters, it’s directly linked to how we taste food.
This is partly why food also tastes so damn good when you’re stoned.
But beyond that, smell also has powerful links to how we form memory and how we experience the world in general. When you smoke weed, you may very well be elevating your entire sensory experience.
It’s a well established medical fact that cannabis can help treat the symptoms of glaucoma.
And the reason why has everything to do with cannabis’s effects on our blood vessels.
When you smoke weed, your blood vessels dilate. That means they get bigger, and this in turn allows blood to flow more freely.
One of the things this increased blood flow does is relieve the painful pressure that builds up in the eyes of glaucoma patients.
Scientists have found that smoking weed can decrease intraocular pressure by as much as 25%.
Though politicians wouldn’t admit, artists and musicians have linked their creative brilliance to weed. For many people, the relaxed, less inhibited mental state weed provides lets them tap into new levels of unfettered creativity.
The only challenge when it comes to researching this is that creativity is a difficult thing to measure concretely.
But what we do know is that many of the cannabinoids found in cannabis interact with and stimulate different parts of the brain. This increases the flow of certain hormones and triggers increased activity.
All of this may be responsible for the free flow of ideas that make us feel like we’re tapping into new levels of creativity.
The best way to find out if weed makes you more creative is to give it a shot. Next time you get high write a poem or compose a song. See what happens when you let your mind roam free.
Try our marijuana strains for productivity.
Marijuana can help you sleep better in two important ways.
The first is that it helps people fall asleep. This makes weed a good treatment for insomnia.
But the story doesn’t end there. After you’re asleep, cannabis actually helps you get longer periods of deep sleep.
And since deep sleep is associated with a number of physical and mental health benefits, getting more deep sleep can be a powerful thing.
The researchers who discovered all this also added a little caveat. At the same time that smoking weed helps you fall asleep better and get longer periods of deep sleep, it also decreases the time you spend in the REM phase.
Try our weed strains for sleep.
Weed Mellows Out
And that’s why it can be a great option for people who experience anxiety or various mood disorders.
But it’s also effective for lower stakes situations. Smoking weed helps take the edge off after a hard day. It helps mellow you out after a stressful or overly exciting day as well.
And the best part of all is that it’s a completely natural way to mellow yourself out.
So next time you’re feeling stressed, bummed out, or ramped up, cool off and mellow out with a little sticky-icky.
One of the pleasant side effects of smoking weed is a generally elevated mood.
The sense of happiness and calm weed produces can lead to a state known to many pot enthusiasts as “the gigglies.”
This is basically when things seem so damn funny that you can’t help laughing at everything around you. And once you start, you just can’t stop.
All that laughing actually makes things even better and even funnier. It fuels the whole cycle.
Cannabis can be a powerful painkiller. And it can be especially effective at treating chronic aches and pains.
Recently, scientists discovered that men may get slightly more pain relief from smoking weed than women.
But that doesn’t mean it’s not effective for women.
In fact, many women say it helps with menstrual cramps. There are even cannabis products designed specifically for that purpose.
Whether you’ve got an isolated day of pain, or you’re dealing with long-lasting aches, smoking weed can be a great way to feel better. And, unlike many pharmaceutical painkillers, cannabis is natural, safe, and won’t get you addicted.
Smoking weed has a shockingly wide range of effects on people.
Certain strains make you sleepy and can help you fight off insomnia.
But other strains, most notably any sort of sativa strain, have the opposite effect.
A good sativa can be the perfect boost when you need help getting through a long day. Sativas primarily affect your mind.
Marijuana and Productivity
Sativa strains make great choices for a mid-day or afternoon smoke.
That’s because the increased sense of energy, creativity, and focus they provide can help give you a much-needed boost to get through your day.
But don’t rule out indicas. The right strain, consumed in the right way, could help you become more productive by helping you relax and calm down.
And then there are always hybrids. If you find the perfect hybrid that gives you the right balance of energizing focus and relaxation, it could be the ideal recipe for increased productivity.
When you smoke weed you get the munchies. You want to eat everything and anything in sight.
And then you want to go back for seconds.
Here’s why: When you smoke weed, the THC triggers neurotransmitters in your brain.
Some of them are in charge of signaling to your body when you’re hungry and when you’re full. When these neurotransmitters interact with THC, they basically get tricked into thinking you’re always hungry.
The end result is an insatiable appetite. This aspect of marijuana means it could be effective in treating a variety of eating and digestive disorders.
Grow New Brain Cells with Weed
One of the fascinating things we’re learning about cannabis is that it may stimulate the growth of new brain cells.
Right off the bat, this demolishes the stereotypical image of the stupid pothead stoner.
But it also has significant health and medical implications.
So far, researchers think cannabis could be helpful in treating a number of brain disorders.
For example, cannabis helps remove the plaque that leads to Alzheimer’s. And it may help the brain heal from serious trauma and injury.
After reading about all the research and all the medical benefits, there’s no shortage of reasons to start smoking a ton of weed.
But don’t get too bogged down in the science. Don’t lose sight of what really matters here.
Smoking weed and getting high is fun. Plain and simple.
Things seem better and life suddenly gets a little bit smoother when you’re sparking some trees.
There are enough problems you’ve got to deal with on a daily basis. Why not burn a little green and give yourself a one-way ticket to some enjoyment and fun?
Feelings of euphoria can be benefited by anyone, which is described as an overwhelming feeling of well-being, happiness, and joy. In a state of euphoria, you feel free from any stress, safe, and more carefree. Experiencing euphoria is one of the best parts of being human. A sense of euphoria can be brought about by certain aspects of life, such as exciting life events, achievements, sexual satisfaction, love, eating delicious food, exercise, and so much more. But guess what euphoria strain indica or sativa? Can also naturally induce a sense of euphoria!
These cannabis strains are renowned for euphoric abilities whether you’re a recreational or medical user they are particularly beneficial for patients suffering from chronic illnesses, cancer, depression, stress, and anxiety.
Check out these top 5 strains for euphoria;
1. Green Crack
- Green Crack is a valuable strain for its therapeutic and recreational benefits. This sativa has a flavor that oscillates between sweet and spicy, and its uplifting effects will have you feeling euphoric in no time. Green Crack is popular for being so energetic and giving you a head high that induces happiness, completely contrary to its name! It’s also an ideal wake-and-bake strain as it’s known to give one of the strongest head highs ever. Green Crack is perfect for use during the day, and it will help give you the focus and invigoration that you need to churn out tasks while enjoying a euphoric state of mind. Medicinally, Green Crack is used to treat depression, fatigue, pain, and stress.
2. Sour Diesel
- Sour Diesel is one of the most popular sativa strains out there. It’s extremely popular among medical cannabis patients because aside from its pungent aroma, it delivers an exciting sense of euphoria. It will help keep you energetic, without a heavy body feeling or couch lock. Super Sour Diesel is a legendary strain if you’re looking for a delicious, truly euphoric experience that’s hard to beat. Super Sour Diesel is also used to treat depression, fatigue, nausea, stress, and pain.
3. Purple Kush
- Purple Kush is one of the most powerful indica strains in the world. If you’re looking to enjoy that exhilarating and elating effect from cannabis right before bed, this strain is highly recommended. Ideal for evening medication, Purple Kush is also a delight to smoke: it has a strong flowery taste with grape undertones. Many users report feeling high after smoking Purple Green Crack for as long as two hours, which makes it pretty much the perfect strain if you want to experience euphoria after a long and stressful day at work. It will also help you go to sleep, since it’s widely used to treat insomnia. Warning: this might give you the munchies though, so be prepared to have your favorite snacks on hand. Purple Kush is medicinally used to treat depression, headaches, pain, and stress.
4. OG Kush
- OG Kush is a celebrated hybrid, known for many things and one of them is the powerful euphoric high it delivers. It’s considered extremely popular even among celebrity cannabis enthusiasts, so it’s easy to find OG Kush at most dispensaries. Despite being a hybrid, many users enjoy the ecstatic buzz OG Kush gives during the evenings when you’re looking to wind down. OG Kush delivers a kind of euphoria that might leave you spaced out in pure bliss, so if you’re trying to stop thinking of a problem that’s been bugging you, this is the ideal strain for you. OG Kush is also used to treat depression, insomnia, lack of appetite, stress, and pain.
5. Blue Dream
- Blue Dream is a sativa dominant hybrid that users love especially when it comes to mixing creative pursuits while high. This strain relaxes every cell, while sending body and mind into deep states of euphoria unlike any other. Blue Dream has a delicious blueberry aroma thanks to its Blueberry parent. This strain is recommended for morning or social use because it will give you the energy that you need to talk to people. It’s also well-loved because it has the ability to efficiently alter your mood and take you to a blissful state within just a few minutes. Medical patients love Blue Dream for its versatile properties and quick-acting relief especially when it comes to treating depression, pain, nausea, and more.